Future of Migration & DevelopmentDatum: 24 september 2019
Future of Migration & Development - event
- When? 24-09-2019 / 13:30 - 17:00 hrs
- Where? Migratie Museum Den Haag, Hoge Zand 42, 2512 EM Den Haag
- Preparation? Different creative contributions to be found on OneWorld website.
- Subscribe: Sorry! Due to the maximum numbers of participants, you cannot longer signup for this event. If you want to be put on the waitinglist, please let us know by sending an email to Partos (email@example.com).
Migration has become a hot topic in European societies. In the political and societal debate, migration and development cooperation are often associated and linked to each other. To suggest alternative perspectives and to propose more constructive narratives on the topic, Partos and OneWorld invited changemakers, NGOs, researchers, journalists, thinkers and artists from all over the world, to submit their innovative and creative ideas concerning the Future of Migration. Based on a number of selected submissions, Partos. OneWorld, FMS and Cordaid are organising a special event on The Future of Migration & Development. This event is aimed at member organisations and enriched by the contributions of stakeholders from diverse backgrounds. It is meant to share knowledge, inspire and elaborate new possible directions on migration and development cooperation. Join us to create cross-sectoral connections and contribute to this conversation.
13:30 hrs | Walk-in, meet & greet.
14:00 hrs | Welcome by moderator Bahram Sadeghi, introduction by Bart Romijn (Partos) & Seada Nourhussen (OneWorld), Creative contributions from Anais Lopez, Zuleika Sheik and Olave Nduwanje.
14:30 hrs | Plenary penal with Bikash Chowdhury Barua, Ton Dietz, Bob van Dillen and Milka Yemane on the future of migration and development cooperation. How can NGOs act and anticipate on this topic and how to work constructively with stakeholders like diasporas and networks of migrants?
14:55 hrs | Creative contribution by PositiveNegative.
15:00 hrs | Pitches about the themes of the 5 dialogue tables: Framing of Migration, Migrants in the lead, Circular migration and Legal Pathways, Hosting refugees in the region and Youth employment.
15:10 hrs | Break
15:25 hrs | Conversations in 5 dialogue tables
- Framing of migration | Josje van de Grift and Ernst Jan Stroes (Wilde Ganzen), Nathalie Vandenabeele and Alseny Sacko(Amoukanama), Seada Nourhussen (OneWorld) | Which stories, narratives and language do we want and need to use in our work and in our communication about migration & development?
- Migrants in the lead | Anila Noor, Qader Shafiq (Bureau Wijland), Wouter van Dis (Oxfam Novib) | Migrants want to take the lead in discussions and solutions. How can we work constructively together?
- Circular migration and Legal pathways | Max Koffi, Arjen Berkvens and Anne van der Meer (FMS) | How can we ensure more circular migration and let it become safer and more humane?
- Hosting refugees in the region | Özge Bilgili, Bob van Dillen (Cordaid) | What can we learn from experiences in Rwanda, Curacao and Bonaire regarding hosting refugees in the region?
- Youth employment & migration | Sarah Casteran (Mercy Corps), Anne Dankert (CNV on behalf of Civic Engagement Alliance) | Youth employment is often surrounded by diverse assumptions. We explore the relationship between investments, aid, youth employment and migration.
16:25 hrs | Exploring & reflecting on the outcomes of the 5 dialogue tables. Where do we see possible solutions to the underlying challenges and what collaborations are needed?
16:45 hrs | Wrap up by Bart Romijn: How to continue? Creative contribution by Amoukanama
17:00 hrs | Closure & drinks
This project receives financial support by the Development Education
and Awareness Raising programma (DEAR) from the European Union.
Click here for more information on this programme.