Beschrijving van de vacature
Mama Cash is looking for a Bookkeeper, 24 hours/week for 12 months and based in Amsterdam.
The Bookkeeper will provide administrative support to the Director of Finance & Operations, the Senior Officer Finance & Operations and the Senior HR Officer, and work on cross-team projects under the supervision of the Senior Officer Finance & Operations. The Bookkeeper, as a member of the Finance sub team, plays an active role in implementing structural, administrative, and technical improvements to the Finance and Operations team. The Bookkeeper may also be responsible for coordinating special projects to achieve administrative goals.
Essential job functions:
Administrative support to the Senior Officer Finance & Operations and the Director of Finance & Operations, for example:
- Prepare, processes and monitors monthly collection orders;
- Initiate, develop and prepare monthly and quarterly financial overviews;
- Assist with the preparation of the annual accounts, budgets, and financial (institutional) donor reports;
- Initiate and lead structural, administrative, and technical improvements for the administration processes and team infrastructure;
- Process financial data and donations;
- Monitor payments to creditors (bank information, etc.) and prepares invoices/grants/expense accounts for payment;
Administrative support to Human Resources:
- Salary administration;
- Administrative support for Tax-, UWV-, pension, insurances and various HR topics.
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Commitment to the mission and goals of Mama Cash;
- Proven bookkeeping knowledge;
- Extensive knowledge of Exact, Excel and Excel Add-Ins;
- Bilingual fluency in oral and written English and Dutch required and regional language (ex: Arabic, Russian, French, Spanish, etc.) preferable.
- Attention to detail;
- Excellent communication skills;
Education and experience:
- Minimum 2 years professional experience in working as an administrative associate, preferably in a non-profit setting;
- Completed secondary vocational education (Dutch MBO level or equivalent-bookkeeping or MBA) and/or relevant work experience;
- Proven experience with financial applications and software;
- Proven experience with administrative procedures and relevant legislation;
Are you interested in the position?
Both a letter of motivation and CV (resume) need to be submitted in English or Dutch including the job title, to hrm@ mamacash.org
Deadline for application: 2 July 2017
The job will be located in Amsterdam.
Please note that a EU work permit is required!
We value the expertise and knowledge of those who have directly experienced injustice and are working to create the change Mama Cash believes in.
We particularly welcome applications from those targeted by racism, homophobia, transphobia, classism and disabled.
For more information please contact Jappe Kok, Director Finance & Operations, 020-5158700.
What does Mama Cash offer?
We offer an engaging and professional work environment in an international foundation committed to diversity, solidarity, peace and justice. Our office is centrally located in Amsterdam.
The monthly salary for this position depends upon experience and is based on CAO Welzijn scale 7, (min.) €2.263 – (max.) €3.161 ex 8% vacation, 13th month, and pension plan.