Financial Coordinator / Project Controller
Beschrijving van de vacature
Clean Clothes Campaign International Office is looking for an
Financial Coordinator / Project Controller (24 hrs/wk)
Based in Amsterdam, starting asap
Clean Clothes Campaign (CCC) is dedicated to improving working conditions and supporting the empowerment of workers - most of them women - in the global garment industry. In the almost 30 years of our existence, an effective global network of more than 200 trade unions and NGO’s has been created. Members and partners within the CCC global network are committed to a shared Global Strategic Framework, and cooperate in global working groups, as well as through national and regional coalitions. For more information on our recent campaigns and advocacy work, as well as our vision, mission and principles, you can visit https://cleanclothes.org/.
The Amsterdam office hosts two teams: the International Office (IO), which supports the CCC global network, and the Dutch Schone Kleren Campagne (SKC), which coordinates CCC activities in the Netherlands. These two teams are supported by IT specialists, an HR officer & office manager, a fundraising coordinator and a small financial team. In total, the organisation employs 25 staff within one legal entity (Stichting Schone Kleren Campagne). The organization has no Executive Director; decision-making is based on consensus and non-hierarchical principles, within a clearly defined framework of self-steering teams. The coordination of organisational matters is performed by a Cross Team Body (CTB), in which both teams are represented. The CTB has three portfolio holders (Finances & Grant management, Fundraising, and HR & IT/Office management).
The organisation receives funding from a mix of governmental, institutional and private donors. This includes CCC being a member of the Fair, Green and Global (FGG) alliance which receives funding from the Strategic Partnership program of the Dutch Ministry of Foreign Affairs (Buza). More information about our organisational operations can be found here.
CCC’s goals include being a diversity-based organisation in terms of gender, race, ethnicity, sexuality etc. CCC also aims to offer an accommodating environment and conditions to all employees, to the greatest possible extent (for example, adapted working times and workplace, provision of additional support etc).
You will oversee the various grants that support the CCC work and monitor the expenditure against the specific donor requirements, as well as the organisational financial goals. Together with the grant managers you ensure timely, coherent and complete reporting to donors. You will advice the bookkeeper regarding the design of the financial administration to comply with (new) donor requirements. You will support staff with the development of new project proposals, and are responsible for the submission of budgets. With regard to the organisational financial monitoring, you will write financial reports and prognosis reports to the board and monitor the timely spending of grants. You will actively report risks and opportunities based on analysis of financial information from the accounting system and the organisational financial policies.
Tasks and responsibilities include:
- Financial project reports for donors
- Financial analysis and monitoring reports for the board
- Project administration, based on Twinfield accounting system
- Contribution to applications to (new) donors, writing of budgets for (new) donors
- Preparing organisational budget
- Control the allocation of costs to donors
- Coordinate and control financial reports from partner organisations and beneficiaries of donor grants
- Train and support staff where necessary
- Coordinate periodic meetings of budget-holders and grant managers
- At least 3 years experience in a similar role and organisational set-up
- Experience in project administration in an international organisation with various income sources and donors is a strong plus
- Experience in risk management and donor compliance
- Experience in working within a global network is a plus
- Strong English language skills, both speaking and writing
- Ability to maintain focus in a dynamic environment
- Ability to work in a structured and accurate manner (also under pressure)
- A team player who can ensure their colleagues fulfil their responsibilities
- A dynamic job in a non-hierarchical organisation within an inspiring international network, where all staff earn the same salary,
- A 1-year contract which, upon satisfactory performance and availability of funds, will be renewed into a permanent contract
- For 2019 the salary level is set at EUR 3,512 gross per month for 36 hours (full time), plus 8% holiday pay. For this position this means EUR 2,341 gross per month for 24 hours, plus 8% holiday pay. Every year salaries are adjusted for inflation. Please note that, due to our principle of equality, the salary is not negotiable.
- A fully paid pension plan, 36 Euros net telephone allowance, a net allowance of 1% of gross pay, contribution towards trade union membership, reimbursement of commuting costs (up to a certain amount) and an individual training budget
- 5 – 6 weeks holidays
The position is based in Amsterdam. The candidate needs to have a valid work and residence permit for the Netherlands.
For more information you can contact Ton Oonk at anton@ cleanclothes.org
Please send your CV and motivation letter to personnel@ no later than the 9th of September. The first round of interviews will be conducted in the period 16-20 September 2019. cleanclothes.org