Intern Team Gender, Safety and Accountability
Beschrijving van de vacature
Would you like to bring your international development knowledge into practice? If so, you maybe the one we are looking for! Free Press Unlimited is looking for an Intern starting July 2017 (exact starting date to be agreed) to support the team Gender, Safety and Accountability.
The internship is based at our office in Amsterdam and will last for a period of five to six months (4 days per week). We are looking for students or graduates with relevant educational background and affinity with media development and press freedom. The intern will contribute to supporting several media projects in Bangladesh, Indonesia, Zimbabwe, Nigeria and Nepal. He/she will work in a team of 7 persons under supervision of the team leader.
Main tasks: Assist the project team with different tasks including, but not limited to:
- Assistance to project officers and programme coordinators with daily project management and logistics;
- Assistance in financial administration;
- Support in organizing of workshops, conferences and events
- Support different stages of report writing and drafting;
- All-round duties including occasional front desk assistance.
- Background in Political Science, International Relations, Communication, Journalism, Human Geography or other relevant studies;
- Hands on and practical problem solving attitude
- Strong in planning and organisation; result-oriented
- Fluent in English; knowledge of other languages is an asset
- Interest in media;
- Good writing skills;
- Communication skills;
- Reliable and independent worker;
- Capability to work under pressure and under deadlines.
We offer an internship in a dynamic international collegial working environment. Free Press Unlimited is located in Amsterdam City Centre. You can join your colleagues for (free) lunches and you will receive an allowance of Euro 300 per month (on full time basis) and, if applicable, travel expenses (public transport up to a maximum).
Who we are
Across the globe, journalists and media pioneers have taken it on themselves to supply their communities with objective information. Free Press Unlimited actively supports these professionals in over forty countries, by offering them, among other things, trainings and temporary financial and material aid, and by strengthening their professional capacity. So that as many people as possible gain and keep access to truly vital information. For many people around the world, access to reliable information is by no means a given. Nevertheless, impartial information is of crucial importance to all of us if we wish to survive and develop as human beings. For more information check our website www.freepressunlimited.org.
If you are interested in this internship, please send your motivation letter and CV (preferably in PDF format) no later than 29 June 2017, to Tamara Lunacek (HR Officer) at vacancies[AT]freepressunlimited.org.