Beschrijving van de vacature
Cordaid works to end poverty and exclusion. We do this in the world’s most fragile and conflict-affected areas. We engage communities to rebuild trust and resilience and increase people’s self-reliance. Where poverty, conflict and exclusion divide societies, we connect people and communities. Cordaid is one of the leading Civil Society Organizations in the Netherlands, working in fragile contexts on Health, Resilience, Private Sector Development, Humanitarian Aid and Security & Justice, Economic empowerment and Food & Nutrition Security. Cordaid has over 1000 staff, working at the Global Office in the Netherlands and in offices across the most fragile countries in the world. Within Cordaid we work on the basis of trust, accountability, cooperation and solution orientation.
Cordaid is looking for an
(36 hours, based in The Hague)
The Internal Auditor carries out internal audits at Cordaid’s country and cluster offices in Africa, Asia, and
MENA, as well as at in the Global Office in The Hague. The internal auditor role comprises a variety of its assurance as well as consulting activities to assist management in meeting its objectives; examples may include training, process design, and counsel with regard to statutory audits and audits from other external regulators. The Internal Auditor reports to the CFO.
What you do
Audit functions, systems, operations, processes and programmes at Cordaid’s Country and Cluster offices in Africa, Asia, and MENA; as well as in the Global Office.
- Audit against Cordaid’s policies, procedures, international (accounting) standards, contractual obligations and donor requirements;
- Carry out follow-up audits;
- Apply audit procedures to obtain, analyse and evaluate audit evidence;
- Write objective, concise, and constructive (audit) reports, memos, and recommendations and present and communicate audit findings clearly and timely to key stakeholders both internally and externally;
- Support relevant members of staff in preparing and conducting control self-assessments;
- Advise and support management and other relevant members of staff with regard to improving and maintaining governance, risk management and internal control processes and frameworks;
- Advise and support management and other relevant members of staff with regard to understanding and following up on (internal and external) audit requirements;
- Support the design and delivery of skills training to management and other responsible members of staff with regard to risk management and internal control frameworks.
Who you are
- You have a minimum of three years of experience in a similar position, especially:
- Experience with not-for-profit organisations and their risk environment;
- Experience with governance, risk management, and control processes.
- Knowledge of the ISO 9001 requirements related to Internal Audit is considered a pre
- You have at least a bachelor (HBO) degree in accountancy, economics, business management or an equivalent level of knowledge and expertise through work experience;
- You pay attention to detail;
- You have analytical skills and sound, independent judgment
- You can balance diplomacy with assertiveness;
- You listen actively and communicate clearly;
- You are sensitive to other cultures and demonstrates respect for others;
- You have a high level of professional ethics;
- You are able to work with deadlines;
- You possess an excellent command of the English language and a reasonable command of the French language;
- You are available to travel at least four times a year for a period of one to two weeks at the time;
- Knowledge of the ISO 9001 requirements related to Internal Audit is considered a pre.
What we offer
- A challenging position in a professional organization, in which you can further develop yourself and support the professionalization of the Internal Audit function;
- A gross monthly salary of € 3539 up to € 5115 based on a 36-hour week, depending on years of relevant experience;
- A contract for 1 year with a possibility of extension;
- A good benefit package (including 8% holiday allowance and 8,3% end of year-allowance);
- Until further notice we work remotely due to Covid-19 regulations, but in the future a well-equipped modern office in the heart of The Hague will be your work location.
Applications including a motivation letter and CV to the attention of Mrs. Lorena Paz Quintero, CFO can be uploaded through our website: https://www.cordaid.org/nl/wie-we-zijn/werken-bij-cordaid/nederland/?cd_job_id=183224.
For information on the content of the advertised position you may contact Hans Hupje through the email address hans.hupje@. cordaid.org
Your application must be received by 18 April 2021 at the latest.
Cordaid is fully committed to a safe working environment and the highest integrity standards. To read more on our commitment to Integrity, click here: https://www.cordaid.org/en/who-we-are/integrity-and-code-of-conduct/ An integrity screening will be part of this application procedure. Cordaid signed up to the Misconduct Disclosure Scheme.
For more information about Cordaid, please visit our website: www.cordaid.org.
Acquisition regarding this vacancy is not appreciated.