Project Manager (Aflateen+)
Beschrijving van de vacature
Aflatoun International is a non-profit organization, which offers social and financial education (CSFE) to children and young people worldwide, empowering them to make a positive change for a more equitable world. Aflatoun creates high-quality curricula, for different age groups, which are contextualized to local needs and specific circumstances, and are implemented by over 200 partner organizations in 109 countries, reaching 5.4 million children.
Aflatoun programmes inspire children to discover their talents and put them to use, to stand up for their rights and those of their communities, to play games and to solve problems. They learn how to save, how to budget and how to set up social and financial enterprises that benefit themselves, their families and their neighbourhoods.
Aflatoun has been recognized globally (Brookings and Harvard) for its high-impact, low-cost model, which has demonstrated to be effective in changing behaviors of its participants across the globe. By using a social franchise model, Aflatoun transfers curricular content, monitoring and evaluation tools, and training capacity to partner organizations, helping them to enhance their existing expertise and to create an efficient learning ecosystem. Aflatoun’s programmes follow an active-learning, participant-centered methodology, which combines social and financial education to transform the lives of their participants, educators, civil society organizations and other NGOs. Aflatoun International has been ranked at the 29th place in the NGO world TOP500 by Global Geneva, a non-profit platform. Aflatoun has a multidisciplinary team of professionals. We are now looking for a dedicated and enthusiastic Project Manager (Aflateen+ & Special Projects) to join us in our mission.
Based on the global demand for effective programmes to enhance gender equality, Aflatoun International designed Aflateen+. Building on its existing Aflateen programme, Aflatoun developed a powerful educational programme that helps to transform the lives of girls and boys aged 14-19 through life skills, financial education, and entrepreneurship through a gender lens. By improving social and financial capability of girls and boys, it is possible to influence their educational attitudes, health outcomes, social protection, entrepreneurial success and to challenge traditional gender roles. Aflateen+ works to economically empower participants so they can fully exercise their citizenship rights. Just like other Aflatoun programmes, Aflateen+ uses an active-learning methodology to engage all participants, and encourages educators/out-of-school facilitators to introduce life skills and financial education through a learner-centered methodology. Both paths are central characteristics of quality education.
Aflatoun is looking for a Project Manager (Aflateen+)
The Project Manager will be responsible for the coordination of the Aflateen+ programme as well as the management of other special projects. He/she will work closely with the Head of Programmes and will play a key role in coordinating programmes on Adolescent Girls Economic Empowerment and other specific projects.
- Coordinating programmes related to Aflateen+ in close collaboration with regional programme managers
- Managing ‘special projects’ which are not necessarily restricted to Adolescent girls.
- Provide technical and logistical support to existing Aflatoun partners.
- Support of new organizations and startup of new projects
- Advocating with government to mainstream the social financial education in school curricula and major government programs for child and youth empowerment.
- Coordinate fundraising and project proposals.
Required Skills & Qualifications
- 5-10 years work experience in the areas of education, social and emotional learning, early childhood development, financial education or entrepreneurship with children and youth.
- Demonstrable project management experience, particularly on EU or donor projects
- Analytical, critical thinking and strong problem-solving skills
- Academic degree in related subject (e.g. Masters in international development, Masters in Education, Masters in Child Development).
- Comfort moderating or managing public engagements (meetings and trainings)
- Advocacy experience with government bodies at local, national or regional level.
- Ability to develop proposals and fundraising
- Ability to multi-task and to work under pressure.
- Ability to work effectively in a small team in an international environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English. Knowledge of other languages (French, Spanish, Arabic, and/or Russian) is an advantage.
- Strong computer skills, including sound knowledge of Windows and Microsoft Office applications, including Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability and willingness to travel internationally.
Conditions of Employment
The position is for a fulltime workweek (40 hours). We are looking for a committed & flexible individual with the ability and willingness to travel internationally. We offer a dynamic and pleasant multicultural working environment, with an indicative gross yearly salary range of € 2714 and € 3542 (inclusive of pension, health insurance, holiday allowance and national insurance contributions) - the salary level awarded will depend on relevant work experience and educational background.
Valid work papers and/or European passport is required in order to be considered for the position.
Please send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com with the Subject: Project Manager (Aflateen+). Application, no later than 2 January, 2019. If you have any specific questions on the position please contact the HR Assistant Chitra at firstname.lastname@example.org.