For whom is this course?
For program managers, starting M&E staff, and policy advisors from international non-profit organisations. You will learn the essentials of using a Theory of Change (ToC) for your program design implementation and M&E. This starts from the design phase and leads you through the monitoring and evaluation framework with a focus on learning and improving.
Set up of the course
The course will comprise 1 day in the meeting space at Partos, 2 half-day interactive online sessions and 2 individual coaching sessions. During the training days you learn and practise with the principles of the Theory of Change (ToC), a roadmap that shows how and why an initiative will lead to the desired results. The focus of the personal coaching sessions in between training days will be to help you build your own specific TOC and M&E framework.
We will make sure that there is ample opportunity to connect with other participants, so you are able to discuss and reflect on the topics this training is about.
What we expect from you
- Come prepared with context information for the program you want to create a ToC for.
- Homework: in between the training days you are expected to apply the training to your program. You can expect 3-4 hours of homework in between online sessions. We suggest that you create a ToC and to make a monitoring plan with the help and feedback of your colleagues.
- Coaching: to help you move forward with application, each participant can sign in for 2 coaching sessions with Rina Teeuwen-van der Ende in between trainings.
- Interaction: during the workshop we expect you to actively contribute and interact with one another via break-out rooms. In between the training days we advise you to interact with the training colleagues.
Why would you follow this training?
- You’ll receive teaching materials that focus on international aid and development organisations.
- There will be lots of attention for questions that you might have, considering your own organisation and/or programme.
- In between the training days, the trainer is available for coaching, questions and advice.
Number of participants: a minimum of 8 and a maximum of 15
25 May 2022, 9.30-16.00 h: meeting space Partos
1 June 2022, 13.00-17.00 h: Zoom
15 June 2022, 13.00-17.00 h: Zoom
plus two individual coaching sessions
Deadline for registration: 11 May, 12.00
Price: € 530,- (incl. 0% VAT) for people working at Partos member organisations and € 675,- (excl. 21% VAT) for non-members . The price is including drinks and a vegan lunch on the first day. When the training is full, Partos members will get priority in following the course.