Intern Donor Relations
Are you passionate about contributing to change that matters and do you want to support fundraising processes at Solidaridad? We offer you a challenging internship in an inspiring international setting with the opportunity to learn and make a difference in the world.
Intern Donor Relations
(5/6 months, 36 hrs/week, based in Utrecht)
Solidaridad is a global civil society organization working on fostering solutions for sustainable production practices across various supply chains. Our mission is to bring together supply chain players and engage them with innovative solutions to improve production, thus ensuring the transition to a sustainable and inclusive economy that maximizes benefit for all. Solidaridad is an international network organization consisting of eight Regional Expertise Centres (RECs) located around the world (Asia, Southern Africa, East and Central Africa, West Africa, South America, Central America, North America and Europe), each with their own specific expertise and focus.
This internship is geared towards providing hands-on support for various activities of the Donor Relations (DR) team and thus offers a practical on-the-job working experience in an ever changing and fast moving international organization. Particularly, the internship will support the ongoing efforts to streamline and strengthen the DR team’s partnership with the EU and its relevant funding opportunities. If desired, the position will also focus on a learning or research plan developed together with the intern and in close cooperation with the associated Knowledge Institute.
Improving and deepening partnerships with institutional donors is high on the agenda of the Donor Relations (DR) team in Europe. The work of DR is based around three pillars:
– To diversify and increase income from new and existing institutional donors and foundation
– To manage grants and partnerships with new and existing donors to the highest standards
– To cooperate and partner successfully with other RECs around fundraising and grant management
- Targeted support to EU-specific policy and market research/analyses, opportunity identification, proposal and partnership coordination, etc.
- Support with intelligence building: researching potential donors, scanning websites, calls, etc.
- Support with analysis and summary of calls for proposals
- Support with developing a proposition pipeline (includes ideas, rejected proposals, etc)
- Support with maintaining fundraising opportunity reports (e.g. request or calls for proposals) in our Management Information System – PLAZA
- Support with maintaining track records along EU format (one-page table format describing a project or programme)
- Support with development and ongoing maintenance of a Global ‘Call for Proposals’ Calendar
- Support with maintaining global fundraising intranet page
- Support during proposal development; admin work, research, textual inputs/edits, minutes of meetings (where required)
- To learn about the inner workings of a global network organization
- To learn about fundraising processes within the Solidaridad network
- To increase understanding of how donors work, think, and make their decisions
- To learn about programmes focusing on sustainable supply chains and support to farmers, miners and workers
- Possibility to propose a specific research assignment directly relevant to the study programme the intern is enrolled in (1 day own research – 4 days internship tasks)
Period: 6 months (min 24 – max 36 hours per week)
Start date: September 2022
You are inspired by the job and responsibilities as described above, and you recognize yourself in the following:
- Following a Master’s degree in development studies, international relations, or business related at a Dutch University
- Affinity with the vision and mission of Solidaridad
- Skills in processing information and summarizing it in short papers
- Excellent analytical and writing skills
- Service-oriented, proactive and team player
- Pragmatic, flexible and autonomous
- Ability to connect and work with people from all backgrounds and cultures
- Professional fluency in English
- Able to meet deadlines
- Experience in developing beautiful presentations or graphic materials is a plus
- Allowed to work in the Netherlands
- Support in the development of your learning or research plan
- Onboarding, support and coaching to enable you to learn
- A unique and challenging internship within an inspiring and international setting
- A 6-month contract, internship compensation, and reimbursement of travel costs
- A working space in our inspiring office in Utrecht, The Netherlands
Travel required: primarily Solidaridad office, incidental travel to external meetings in NL. No international travel.
Do you recognize yourself in the candidate profile? Then please send your one-page motivation letter and two-page resume in English to firstname.lastname@example.org, stating “Application: Intern DR” in the subject header.
If you already have ideas about what you would like to learn or research during your internship at Solidaridad Europe, please indicate this in your motivation letter. Also indicate clearly when you are able to start.
Questions can be addressed to email@example.com. No agencies please.
Any personal data submitted in an application is treated confidentially and processed for the sole purpose of filling a vacancy, and compliant to the GDPR directive. After the selection process has been completed (upon date of filled vacancy), all personal data of applicants who have not been selected will be destroyed immediately, unless we have your explicit approval to store your personal data for a period of maximum a year.
Solidaridad envisions a world in which all we produce and all we consume can sustain us, while respecting the planet, each other and the next generations. We bring together supply chain actors and engage them in innovative solutions to improve production, ensuring the transition to a sustainable and inclusive economy that maximizes the benefit for all.
Solidaridad is an international network organization consisting of eight regional expertise centres located around the world (Asia, South America, Southern Africa, East and Central Africa, West Africa, Central America, North America and Europe), each with their own specific expertise and focus. Globally, Solidaridad works across 13 commodities.
Solidaridad Europe focuses on market development, policy influencing, communications and donor relations. We seek to inspire the private sector, governments, civil society organizations and consumers in Europe to contribute to sustainable economic development.
For more information please refer to our website: http://www.solidaridadnetwork.org.