Bid Manager (6 months maternity leave)
Cordaid works to end poverty and exclusion. We do this in the world’s most vulnerable and conflict-affected areas. We involve communities in order to restore trust and resilience and to increase people’s self-reliance. Where poverty, conflict and exclusion divide societies, we connect people and communities. Cordaid is one of the leading civil society organizations in the Netherlands and works in fragile contexts in the areas of health, resilience, private sector development, humanitarian aid and safety and justice, economic empowerment and food security. Cordaid has more than 1400 employees, working at Global Office in the Netherlands and at offices in the world’s most vulnerable countries. Within Cordaid we work on the basis of respect, accountability, sustainability and diversity & inclusion.
Cordaid is looking for a
(32 hours, based in The Hague, 6 months maternity leave)
The Institutional Funding and Donor Relations department has the main goal to deliver the ambition on growth targets on income, coordination and management of external relations, institutional funders, and securing quality bid management towards winning bids and proposals.
As Bid Manager, you are responsible for developing high competitive bids supporting Cordaid’s vision and mission, increasing the success rate of submissions to key accounts, specifically Dutch Ministry of Foreign Affairs and RVO, coordinating the organization’s external relations and securing its position in the market.
What you do
You will report to the Manager Institutional Fundraising & Donor Relations, and will be responsible for the following:
Project / proposal development
- Forming and leading multidisciplinary bid teams according to the Cordaid project based working methodology;
- Assuring optimal results through high quality competitive bids;
- Developing bid plans and assuring timely and qualitive implementation of the bid plans.
- Actively coaching and supporting bid team members on contribution and content;
- Timely signalling challenges and proactively engaging with staff to ensure planned results.
- Engaging with potential and selected partners;
- Negotiating pre-bid agreements and/or MOU’s;
- Managing the consortia in the bid developing stage;
- Ensuring high quality inputs from all stakeholders;
- Contracting and managing external consultants and other stakeholders essential for the bids;
- Proactively engaging with potential partners before the calls come out.
- Based on available criteria, assuring compliance and availability of relevant documentation according to standards of the donor;
- Making sure donors are supplied with all the necessary information throughout the bid process.
Training & Coaching
- Mentoring bid managers from the Cordaid Country / Cluster Offices and the Global Office Program Unit;
- Evaluating bid management processes and sharing lessons learned with relevant stakeholders;
- Coaching bid managers to effectively use procedures, compliance to specific donors, etc.
- Conducting joint contract negotiations with the future project leader when the bid is won;
- Identifying potential risk and proposing mitigating measures;
- Assuring that the contract is financially viable and implementation is doable.
Closing Bid Process
- Identifying and analysing lessons learned;
- Recommending improvements in the bid process;
- Assuring the follow of these recommendation and learnings.
- Assuring regular contact with assigned donors to understand their priorities;
- Building knowledge on trends and priorities of the specific donors; translating them into matching opportunities for Cordaid.
- Developing a relevant network in the donor community as well as in peer groups (in NL and beyond).
Who you are
- You have a bachelor or master’s degree in social sciences, international development, business administration, communications or equivalent.
- Affinity with and fundraising track record for a thematic area (for this position, for private sector development and investments);
- A track record in successful bid management with large donors (like the Dutch Ministry of Foreign Affairs, the World Bank, the Global Fund etc.) for the INGO sector world
- Experience in leading and representing bid project teams;
- Social/communication skills to communicate and negotiate with large institutional donors and consortia partners at senior level;
- Writing skills to formulate bid project plans and proposals;
- You are fluent in English and preferably also in French and Dutch;
- You recognize yourself in Cordaid’s mission and values.
What we offer
- a responsible position in a professional organization;
- a varied role where initiative is encouraged;
- a global organization with a focus on social entrepreneurship;
- good working conditions;
- a gross monthly salary of € 3627,- up to € 5243,- based on a 36-hour week, depending on years of relevant experience;
- a position for 6 months (replacement maternity leave), preferably starting 26th of September 2022.
Applications including a motivation letter and CV in English for the attention of Saskia Gerver, HR Advisor, including the contact details of references at the last two employers can be uploaded through our website:
For information on the content of the advertised position you may contact Izabella Toth (Manager IFDR) through firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your application must be received 21 August 2022 at the latest.
Cordaid is fully committed to a safe working environment and the highest integrity standards. To read more on our commitment to Integrity, click here: https://www.cordaid.org/en/who-we-are/integrity-and-code-of-conduct/ An integrity screening will be part of this application procedure. Cordaid signed up to the IASC Misconduct Disclosure Scheme.
Applicants must be nationals of an European Union member State, or have a valid work permit for the European Union and reside currently in The Netherlands.
An assessment and / or a presentation of a “case study” can be part of the selection procedure.
For more information about Cordaid, please visit our website: www.cordaid.org.
Acquisition regarding this vacancy is not appreciated.