Are you passionate about contributing to change that matters and would you like to develop further in HR? Solidaridad offers you a rewarding and meaningful job in an inspiring and international setting with the opportunity to make a real difference in the world.
Solidaridad aims to be a great place to work where people reach their full potential, perform, grow and thrive. To fulfil this ambition, Solidaridad is looking for a Human Resources Officer to join our team in Utrecht.
The Human Resources Officer is responsible for advising and supporting the development and implementation of the HR Policy and acts as an internal and external contact person for personnel matters. The role requires good knowledge of HR, Dutch labor law, social skills and a hands-on approach. The HR Officer supports managers and staff with regards to employee benefits, recruitment and onboarding, working conditions, absenteeism and reintegration, talent and performance management, sick leave and employee relations. The HR Officer reports to the Manager Operations.
In this position you will:
- Act as a single point of contact for managers, staff and external contacts in HR-relevant issues;
- Implement HR instruments and procedures and ensure they comply with Dutch legislation and the latest internal and external developments;
- Advize on, and execute, HR procedures, such as employee benefits, recruitment and onboarding, working conditions, absenteeism and reintegration, talent and performance management, sick leave and employee relations;
- Proactively advise managers and staff on practical solutions about HR-related issues and HR tools;
- Contribute to global HR by participating in the global HR team of the Solidaridad Network.
You have a heart for people and you like to further develop into an allround HR professional. Since the entire spectrum of HR is your responsibility you must be able to keep an overview on varying tasks and responsibilities, under leadership of the Manager Operations. You are proactive and have a solution oriented approach. You have accuracy and joy in handling details whilst at the same time you are able to see the larger picture and advise on e.g. the development of staff. Above all you are a warm and enthusiastic person that makes people feel valued and seen.
Solidariad has a warm and enabling culture, providing ample opportunity to take ownership and responsibility in the HR space.
The successful candidate has
- Bachelor degree in a HR related study;
- Preferably some years of HR experience;
- Knowledge of Dutch labor market and labor legislation;
- Experience in an international environment;
- Dutch and English fluency;
- A strong commitment to and interest in Solidaridad’s mission and work;
- Is allowed to work in the Netherlands.
The following would be considered as a strong asset:
- Experience with hiring international staff;
- Experience in working with a non profit organization
- A unique and rewarding job within an inspiring and international setting, starting as soon as possible;
- You will join the Operations team in Utrecht, and will have the opportunity to work with an innovative and dedicated network of professionals across the world;
- A one-year contract with the possibility of extension, 32-36 hours/week;
- Gross salary between EUR 3119,04 and EUR 4374,95, based on 36 hours/week (salary scale 9)
- An additional holiday allowance (standard in the Netherlands) will be paid to the employee in May of every calendar year. The holiday allowance is 8% of the gross salary earned in the period from 1 June up to and including 31 May, prior to the date of the payment;
- In addition, Solidaridad pays an end-of-year allowance equivalent to 8.3% of the gross annual salary earned;
- Solidaridad offers a non-contributory pension plan;
- Contribution to moving expenses;
- Location: Utrecht, the Netherlands
In Solidaridad, diversity, equity and inclusion are key to our collective mission, vision and values. We enable farmers and workers to earn a living income, shape their own future, and produce in balance with nature by working throughout the whole supply chain to make sustainability the norm.
We aim for Solidaridad Europe to be an inclusive place where all people feel heard, seen, and valued for their diverse identities, experiences, perspectives and skills.
We are therefore committed to ensuring a safe and healthy working environment by treating everyone with dignity and respect, enabling and empowering us to be ourselves and achieving our full potential as individuals and our collective mission as an organization.
Do you recognize yourself in this candidate profile? Then please submit your one-page motivation letter and two-page resume in English to firstname.lastname@example.org, and state “Application: HR Officer” in the subject header.
Questions can be addressed to email@example.com or by phone to Klasien Hoeve, Manager Operations, (+31 (0)30 272 03 13)
The selection process will involve two rounds of interviews. The first-round interviews will take place online. We seek to ensure second-round interviews take place in person.
A reference check and assessment may be part of the selection procedure. Work permit restrictions may apply.
No agencies please.
Any personal data submitted in an application is treated confidentially and processed for the sole purpose of filling a vacancy, and compliant to the GDPR directive. After the selection process has been completed (upon date of filled vacancy), all personal data of applicants who have not been selected will be destroyed immediately, unless we have your explicit approval to store your personal data for a period of maximum a year.
Solidaridad envisions a world in which all we produce and all we consume can sustain us, while respecting the planet, each other and the next generations. We bring together supply chain actors and engage them in innovative solutions to improve production, ensuring the transition to a sustainable and inclusive economy that maximizes the benefit for all.
Solidaridad is an international network organization consisting of seven regional expertise centers located around the world (Asia, Southern Africa, East and Central Africa, West Africa, LatAm, North America and Europe), each with their own specific expertise and focus. Globally, Solidaridad works across 13 commodities.
Solidaridad Europe focuses on market development, policy influencing, communications and donor relations. We seek to inspire the private sector, governments, civil society organizations and consumers in Europe to contribute to sustainable economic development.
For more information please refer to our website: http://www.solidaridadnetwork.org.