Internship Civil Society Platform for Peacebuilding and Statebuilding (CSPPS)
Internship (EN/FR bilingual proficiency)
Civil Society Platform for Peacebuilding and Statebuilding (CSPPS)
The Civil Society Platform for Peacebuilding and Statebuilding (CSPPS) is a global network of civil society organisations supporting peacebuilding efforts in fragile & conflict-affected settings. CSPPS’ main focus lies on supporting local peacebuilders and civil society organisations in their efforts to contribute to the realisation of more peaceful, just and inclusive societies along the lines of SDG16+ within the 2030 Agenda. CSPPS represents the civil society constituency of the International Dialogue on Peacebuilding and Statebuilding (IDPS). Since 2012, Cordaid coordinates and hosts the CSPPS Secretariat. This position supports the Secretariat’s Coordinator and other staff in their duties for the CSPPS Secretariat.
At CSPPS, the tasks are very diverse, ranging from sustaining the internal functioning of the Platform, consolidating our network and accompanying our Country Teams in their peacebuilding and statebuilding activities, to assisting in information dissemination and digital outreach.
This highly dynamic position will include the following responsibilities:
– In coordination with CSPPS colleagues, conduct consultations and meetings with members and other civil society stakeholders and draft meeting minutes.
• Written reports ENG-FR/FR-ENG and
• Oral interventions during meetings.
– Develop advocacy documents like briefing papers, event reports and statements.
– Draft summary reports following virtual CSPPS Executive Committee, Core Group, and Just Future network meetings.
– Process incoming membership applications.
– Assess and support our current members’ project proposals.
– Explore and develop potential funding opportunities.
– Inform our membership of the latest national activities as received by our members and of CSPPS’s activities in a weekly update.
– Help organise CSPPS key meetings, including invitation letters and follow-up.
– Update the content of CSPPS’ website (news items, publications, stories).
– Draft messages to be posted on CSPPS’ social media, as part of the communication and dissemination efforts of the CSPPS Secretariat.
– Develop and share bi-annual CSPPS newsletters (using Mailchimp).
– Contribute to an episode of the Peace Corner Podcast Initiative.
– Contribute to Research projects with partner universities and organisations.
At CSPPS, we want our interns to not only support the work of the Secretariat, but also to contribute in a meaningful way, both for the intern’s own career path as well as for the scope of work of the Platform. Therefore, we offer our interns the opportunity to take the lead – under the CSPPS Secretariat staff’s supervision and guidance – on one key initiative during their internship (such as an independent report, briefing paper, etc.).
Criteria for applicants
– This position is open to students currently enrolled in a master’s degree (preferably in a field relevant to this position: International Relations, Development Studies, Crisis and Security Management, etc.)
– Applicants are required to be able to work in the EU, and fulfil administrative requirements for employment in the Netherlands (by obtaining a BSN number).
– Essential to have working proficiency level both in English AND French.
– Excellent writing, drafting, organizational, and information management skills.
– Strong ability to manage and respond to multiple requests in a timely manner coming from a vibrant and dynamic network.
– Ability to work in a (small) team setting.
– Familiarity with peacebuilding and conflict prevention issues is preferred.
Type of contract: internship up to 6 months, starting in August 2022. The contract will be with and prepared by Cordaid – host of the CSPPS Secretariat.
Number of working hours per week: 32 hours (4 days/week).
Compensation: 350 euros per month (on basis of full time internship).
How to apply?
Please send your CV and Cover Letter stating the reasons why you are the best candidate for this position to email@example.com by Wednesday 6 July 2022 (interviews will take place during the week starting 18 July 2022).