Are you a proactive and hands-on Programme Assistant with an eye for detail who loves to organise and can switch quickly between activities? Do you enjoy supporting projects, and would you like to take on this responsibility within our committed team?
SOMO investigates multinational corporations. Independently, factually, critically, and with a clear purpose: a fair and sustainable world. A world where public interests weigh more heavily than corporate interests. We conduct action-oriented research, exposing the influence and unprecedented power of multinational corporations. SOMO has nearly 50 employees, and we also collaborate with various freelancers. Within SOMO, we maintain an open, democratic, and informal atmosphere. Colleagues are committed to our mission and to each other.
- Support project managers in the execution of their projects.
- Maintain project administration in our project management system (ProjectConnect) and extract overviews for various purposes.
- Draft and archive contracts with partner organisations, consultants, and clients.
- Monitor contract and project status and ensure that reporting and payment deadlines are met.
- Organise (online) events and (internal/external) meetings, including booking venues and travel and drafting meeting reports.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Fluency in English, knowledge of Dutch is an asset
- Good organising and communication skills
- Affinity for administrative tasks
- Ability to quickly familiarise with new software
- Assertiveness: sees what needs to be done and takes the initiative for follow-up
- Ability to take on ad-hoc tasks, which may also be time-sensitive
- A broad role where your voice truly matters in an organisation that makes a difference in the world.
- € 2,790- € 4,398- based on 40 hours a week, depending on your work experience.
- € 250 for setting up your home office (because, of course, you can work from home).
- Monthly allowance of € 60 for any potential expenses.
- Year-end bonus (based on organisational performance).
- 25 vacation days, paid holidays, and 8% holiday pay.
- Possibility of unpaid leave.
- Flexibility to schedule your hours throughout the week as you prefer.
- An office located 10 minutes by bike from Amsterdam Central.
- The intention of a permanent employment contract.
We want to meet you as soon as possible, so don’t hesitate to email your application or questions before December 8th to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The first round of interviews will be between December 13th and 20th.
We aim to provide equal opportunities to everyone, but we cannot communicate with each applicant personally. Therefore, we faced a choice: Do we limit the number of applications and handle each one personally, or do we give more people a chance but send standard rejections? We have opted for the latter.
This means that our selection commission, consisting of three colleagues, reviews all applications once the closing date has passed. You will receive an email from us with an invitation or a rejection.
SOMO believes in the strength and necessity of a diverse and inclusive organisation. A diversity-oriented perspective is, therefore, a plus. We aim for greater diversity and better representation of people from different backgrounds in our organisation.
Acquisition from agencies in response to our job postings is not appreciated.