Project Officer Gender, Activism & Capacity strengthening
PAX means peace. PAX brings together people who have the courage to stand for peace. Together with people in conflict areas and concerned civilians worldwide, PAX works to build dignified and peaceful societies across the globe.
The Gender, Activism & Capacity strengthening (GAC) Team is a small team of six advisors who develop policies and intervention strategies on gender, peace & security, nonviolent action and partnering & capacity strengthening. The GAC team also supports project staff and partners of PAX on our policy areas.
To increase our capacity by providing hands-on support, we are looking for a:
Project Officer Gender, Activism & Capacity strengthening (0,8 FTE)
Who are we looking for
The project officer Gender, Activism & Capacity supports our work on Gender, Peace & Security, Local Ownership & Shifting Power and Nonviolent Action & Democratization. The new colleague will contribute substantively to the policy development of the three themes and will pick up organizational and administrative tasks of the team, with a priority focus on Gender, Peace & Security.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Supporting gender and local ownership initiatives carried out within the various country programmes of PAX;
- Support knowledge generation on the themes of GAC, including institutional learning, joint learning with partners, and inspiration of colleagues and partners with new insights;
- Making accessible relevant resources (reports, handbooks, websites) related to the three themes for PAX staff and partners;
- Contributing to political lobby in the Netherlands and at an international level;
- Supporting fundraising on the policy areas of GAC.
Organizational and administrative tasks:
- Project cycle management and programme administration, with a specific focus on gender-specific projects (e.g. ‘The Revolution is Female’ in Iraq and Sudan);
- Organizing events, such as partner meetings, webinars, learning gatherings, workshops and trainings;
- Internal and external communication on the three themes;
- Basic administrative tasks for GAC team members.
What we require
- Professional and intellectual capacities at at least higher professional educational level;
- At least 2 years of peacebuilding work experience (e.g. analysis; policy development; programming; capacity strengthening);
- Knowledge of gender, peace & security is highly valued;
- Practical experience with coordinating project activities, including basic administrative tasks
- Practical experience with organizing trainings, events and designing campaign activities;
- Excellent command of English and Dutch. Other languages, such as Arabic, Russian, Ukrainian, Spanish or French are highly valued;
- Intercultural sensitivity;
- Willingness to travel;
- Eligible to work in the EU.
What we offer
- A dynamic position in a high-paced, informal, international working environment in a committed team;
- Opportunities to further develop your skills and knowledge by following trainings and accessing relevant networks;
- Place of employment: Utrecht, The Netherlands with regular international travel;
- Appointment for 28,8 hours per week (0,8 FTE) for 12 months, extension depends on performance and availability of funding;
- Scale 8 according to PKN terms and conditions of employment (depending on experience min. € 2.438,06 – max. € 3.351,14 gross, for a fulltime position of 36 hours);
- 8% holiday-allowance;
- 8.3% end of year bonus;
- Full reimbursement of home-to-work travel costs when using public transport.
Information and application
Get to know our work at www.paxforpeace.nl.
For questions regarding this position, please contact Guido de Graaf Bierbrauwer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Interested candidates matching the profile and requirements are requested to send their CV (max 2 pages) and a motivation letter (max 1 page) in Dutch or English addressed to Guido de Graaf Bierbrauwer, Policy Lead of the Gender, Activism & Capacity Building team, solely by using the application form at the bottom of our vacancy-website.
Closing date for applications to this position is the 29th of May 2022.
PAX is an equal opportunity employer and encourages everyone with skills, passion and courage to participate. We invite applicants from all backgrounds, also with special needs, to apply for this position. Female candidates are encouraged to apply for this position.
Acquisition in response to this advertisement is not appreciated.