Resource Mobilisation Intern
Position title : Resource Mobilization Intern
Organization: Aflatoun International
Location: The Netherlands, Amsterdam
Job type : Internship
Remuneration : 6 months Internship stipend provided €400 NET/Month Net/month (based on 5 days/week)
Deadline : October 2, 2023
Aflatoun International is a non-profit organization, which offers social, financial & entrepreneurship education to children and young people worldwide, empowering them to make a positive change for a more equitable world. Aflatoun creates high-quality curricula for different age groups, which are contextualized to local needs and circumstances and are implemented by over 300 partner organizations in 101 countries. Aflatoun programs inspire children to discover their talents and put them to use, to stand up for their rights and those of their communities through active learning and problem-solving. They learn how to save, how to budget, and how to set up social and financial enterprises that benefit themselves, their families and their communities.Aflatoun has been recognized globally (Brookings, Harvard, HundrEd,
By using a social franchise model, Aflatoun transfers curricular content, monitoring and evaluation tools, and training capacity to partner organizations, helping them enhance their existing expertise and create an efficient learning ecosystem. Aflatoun’s programs follow an active-learning, participant-centered methodology, which combines social and financial education (SFE) through engaging participants, educators, government institutions and civil society organizations.
We are currently looking for a dedicated and enthusiastic Resource mobilization internal to join us in our mission.
Purpose of the internship
Aflatoun International is actively searching for a committed and passionate Resource mobilization internal to bolster our Resource Mobilization Team in acquiring funding for Aflatoun’s programs and initiatives. As a Resource Mobilization Intern, you will hold a pivotal role in pinpointing funding prospects, crafting external communications materials for donors, and providing valuable support for various projects related to donor engagement. This internship is also designed as a valuable learning opportunity for you to develop essential skills and knowledge in the field of resource mobilization.
In this role, you will not only contribute to our mission but also gain invaluable experience and insights into the world of fundraising and donor relations. It is an ideal space for you to learn and grow while making a positive impact on our global initiatives.
We look forward to welcoming you as a resourceful and enthusiastic member of our team.
- Support the Resource Mobilization team in undertaking donor research to identify funding criteria, application deadlines, and other related tasks.
- ontribute to the development and consolidation of external communications materials for donors including presentations, reports, and proposals.
- Assist the Resource Mobilization department with different tasks and projects about the development and maintenance of an ongoing pipeline of new funding opportunities.
- Assist the team in activities such as market research, strategy development, proposal development, and due diligence research on prospective donors.
- Help organize and categorize resources to support knowledge management efforts within the resource mobilization team, ensuring easy access to information and materials.
Required Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s in International Relations, Development Studies, Social Science or/and experience in the field
- Strong research skills, including identifying potential donors, understanding funding criteria, and effectively gathering relevant information.
- An organized and process-oriented approach to work, with the ability to manage time effectively.
Fluency in written English, with the ability to adapt the style of writing to a range of different communications. Knowledge of any other language is a plus.
- Comfortable working independently and working with a small team and diverse, multicultural colleagues
- Excellent analytical, written, communication, interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Proficient use of MS Office and databases.
- Internally must have the right to reside in the Netherlands.
The position is for an internship. We offer a dynamic and pleasant multicultural working environment.
Due to the nature of Aflatoun’s work with children around the world, specific attention is drawn towards Aflatoun’s Child Protection Policy and its Policy on the Protection of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse (PSEA). These two policies are required to be signed by consultants and form part of the consultancy contract. The applicant commits to zero tolerance towards sexual exploitation and abuse. An additional written test may be required.
Please apply online at https://aflatoun.bamboohr.com/careers/202 no later than 02/10/2023. If you have any specific questions on the position please contact email@example.com.