Young Africa is looking for an experienced INSTITUTIONAL FUNDRAISER (0.6 FTE) in Amsterdam/online (hybrid)
Do you want to be part of a successful non-profit scale-up and are you a specialist in mobilising institutional resources? Young Africa is looking for you!
Young Africa International, headquartered in Zimbabwe with a support office in Amsterdam, is a social enterprise that trains young people in Africa to find paid employment or start their own businesses. Through integral vocational training, young people not only learn a trade but are empowered with skills such as life skills, English, ICT and entrepreneurship. At
our centres and in mobile training sites, youths also receive psychosocial support services.
Young Africa has 10 training centres across 5 countries and has numerous implementation partners which train students via mobile training units in remote areas in Africa.
What you will be doing
· Expand the network of institutional donors
· Acquire intelligence about existing and prospective institutional donors in the space of youth empowerment
· Develop a shortlist of high-potential prospects and for each of these design and follow individual donor journeys (expert positioning in relevant networks, strategic partnership development for joint lobbying, lead-conversion to proposal/co-creation invitations)
· Where appropriate, maintain personal contact with representatives of foundations and board members and build positive and sustainable relationships
· Adapt and manage our communication materials to individual donor requirements
· Be part of the team that prepares and submits proposals and reports in a timely manner as per solicitation plan
What we offer
· Work that matters. You contribute to our ambition to train half a million young people across Africa for work and income
· Collaboration with a passionate, international and professional team
· An Africa-oriented work environment, including travel
· A desk at the SDG House of the Royal Tropical Institute in Amsterdam
· A six-month (renewable) contract for 0.6 FTE, with a salary appropriate for a non-profit organisation
· A salary up to € 5,000 gross per month for 0.6 FTE depending on experience.
Who we are looking for
· A seasoned fundraiser with an existing network in the institutional donor world
· A natural networker who can engage potential donors with conviction and zeal
· A go-getter; a proactive and independent colleague
· Excellent command of the Dutch and the English language
· Available on 1st August 2022
· An energetic recent-retiree would be excellent for this position.
Have we piqued your interest?
Please send us a motivation letter and CV before 27 June 2022. Part of the selection procedure is the written elaboration of a case. You will receive the case in the week of 6 of June and the interviews will take place in the week of 13 June 2022.
We look forward to receiving your application at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Do you have any questions? Please contact Christian Schaefer at email@example.com or +31 6 822 402 26.