The process was kickstarted during the ALV and followed by a more in-depth workshop on May 11th. During the interactive workshop participants explored key areas of uncertainty and identified policy options and responses for them. Based on the session we selected diverse themes which are highly uncertain and of strategic importance for Partos and its members.
In multiple interactive sessions, we’ll dive deeper into these themes through scenario exercises. Scenarios are descriptions of hypothetical futures based on assumptions that reflect different perspectives on past, present and future developments. They will help us to explore potential outcomes due to uncertainties.
We’ve identified six important topics and have formed six groups of 15 participants (consisting of Partos members and their partners). The topics:
- Shifting the Power on Thursday, May 20th; 14.00 – 15.30 CET
- e.g. shifting relations between civil society organisations and/or donors, shifting geopolitical powers, localisation, license to operate
- Shrinking civic space on Wednesday, May 26th; 9.00 – 10.30 CET
- e.g. punitive laws against marginalised people, governments not allowing outside actors to interfere, increased polarization
- Digital challenges and opportunities on Thursday, May 27th; 9.00 – 10.30 CET
- e.g. digital divide, misuse of digital tools, increased access to knowledge
- Funding and financing for development on Thursday, May 27th; 15.30 – 17.00 CET
- e.g. decreasing funds, less support for ODA, alternative sources
- Engagement and inclusion on Friday, May 28th; 9.00 – 10.30 CET
- e.g. public engagement, mobilisation and support, inclusion of marginalised groups
- Climate change and migration on Tuesday, June 1st; 15.30 – 17.00 CET
- e.g. increase in droughts, increase in floods and storms, increased migration
The overall future exploration trajectory will be finalised in November 2021. So stay tuned for more updates!