Publications on communication in development cooperation
Future Briefs made by the Expertise Centre Humanitarian Communication & Partos in collaboration with the community of practice on inclusive communication.
- Future Brief #1 | The history of communication by and about development cooperation
- Future Brief #2 | Storytelling genres in humanitarian communication
Articles & items on storytelling & representation
- Blog Asma Naimi | Storytelling for Social Change
- Simavi’s article | Creative storytelling for social change
- Blog Asma Naimi | The impact of storytelling: How Mohammed Hammie is changing people’s lives by raising their voices
- Podcast Asma Naimi in conversation with Alexandra Juhas | The Power of Storytelling (Doing things with stories)
- Film Doctors without borders | Better representation
- Ted talk | Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie: The danger of a single story
- Blog | No more nonprofit heroes
- How to tell an African Story – An ethical storytelling handbook
- Ethical storytelling
- Frame Voice Report!
- Health Poverty Action | A-Practical-Guide-For-Communicating-Global-Justice-and-Solidarity
- Messaging This Moment: A Handbook for Progressive Communicators (website)
- Anat Shenker-Osorio | A Brilliant Way of Living Our Lives: How to Talk About Human Rights.
- European Union Agency for Fundamental Rights (europa.eu) | 10 keys to effectively communicating human rights (25 languages)
Inclusive Communication & Language guides
- Belgium organisations | ‘Decolonise. Now! Practical inspiration guide for equitable international cooperation.
- Partos | Dream paper Shifting Power
- Partos Serie | Decolonisation Future Briefs
- Bond | Language Guide
- Bond | Ethical guidelines for the collection and use of content
- Africa No Filter | Handbook How to Write About Africa
- Oxfam Novib UK | Inclusive language guide
- IOM | Gender Inclusive Communication Guidance
- UN | Guidelines for gender-inclusive language
- UN | Disability Inclusive Communications Guidelines
- Mathematica | Transgender Inclusive Communication
- Dochas | Ethical guide