Leave No One Behind Platform
In 2015, 193 countries adopted the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development and its 17 Sustainable Development Goals. These goals are the blueprint to achieve a better and more sustainable future – where no one is left behind. In practice, achieving this goal by 2030 means: taking explicit action to end extreme poverty, hold back inequalities and fast-track progress for the furthest behind. Reason enough for Partos to establish the Dutch Platform Leave No One Behind.
The Leave No One Behind Platform consists of organisations and actors in the field of development cooperation. They develop, share and promote knowledge, innovative solutions and policies that contribute to ending poverty and exclusion. The Platform meets regularly to discuss several issues related to the topic Leave No One Behind.
One of the topics the Leave No One Behind platform is concerned with is the visibility of marginalised groups. Marginalised groups are often invisible and therefore often overlooked when development programmes are designed. As a result, those who could benefit from economic developments generated by development programmes the most, are not reached. But who are these people that are currently not reached by development programmes? And how can we ensure that our own interventions really reach those that are in most need? These, among other questions are discussed in the Partos Leave No One Behind Platform. In addition, the platform:
- Engages in knowledge sharing and development centred around a learning agenda that is updated regularly;
- Engages in developing innovative solutions for inclusive development;
- Liaises with other platforms North and South;
- Advises decision-makers within governments, the private sector, development agencies and NGOs with regard to policies and practices for inclusive development.
Projects that were initiated by members of the platform are among others:
- Self-esteem, stigmatisation and discrimination
- The Exclusion Radar
- Graduation and Community Based Rehabilitation
- Inclusive business development
- Trickle-Up Pro-Poor Economic Development
Some previous sessions by the Leave No One Behind Platform are:
- Digital citizenship and participation from the angle of Leave No One Behind
- Exploring digital citizenship
- – NGO and company partnerships for inclusive business
- – Digital Dalits, Colourful Carroças; Civil Society Action for Inclusion
Check our agenda to see if there is an upcoming event and sign up!