For whom is this course?
For programme managers, starting PMEL/MEAL staff, and policy advisors from international non-profit organisations. You will learn the essentials of using a Theory of Change (ToC) for your programme design implementation and M&E. This starts from the design phase and leads you through the monitoring and evaluation framework with a focus on learning and improving.
Is your programme financed under the Strengthening Civil Society (SCS) framework, then this course is perfectly timed! Your newly gained knowledge and skills will guide you in relevant SCS deadlines, such as writing a new annual plan for 2024 (SCS deadline is on November 1, 2023).
Great examples, very helpful, good explanations – about the trainer
Set up of the course
The course will comprise 3 half-day interactive online sessions and 2 individual coaching sessions with the possibility for an extra session after the third training day. During the training days, you learn and practice with the principles of the Theory of Change (ToC), a roadmap that shows how and why an initiative will lead to the desired results. The focus of the personal coaching sessions in between training days will be to help you build your own specific TOC and M&E framework.
We will make sure that there is ample opportunity to connect with other participants, so you are able to discuss and reflect on the topics this training is about.
It is a practical course that takes you very quickly through project design and PMEL. Discussions and assignments were useful, as well as coaching – about the course
Why would you follow this training?
- You’ll receive teaching materials that focus on international aid and development organisations.
- There will be lots of attention to questions that you might have, considering your own organisation and/or programme.
- In between the training days, the trainer is available for coaching, questions and advice.
The ability to bring our personal work projects and work on them here – what participants like most about the course
What we expect from you
- Come prepared with context information for the programme you want to create a ToC for.
- Homework: in between the training days you are expected to apply the training to your programme. You can expect 3-4 hours of homework in between online sessions. We suggest that you create a ToC and to make a monitoring plan with the help and feedback of your colleagues.
- Coaching: to help you move forward with the application, each participant can sign in for 2 coaching sessions with Adriaan Korevaar in between trainings. There is a possibility for a third session after the last training day.
- Interaction: during the workshop, we expect you to actively contribute and interact with one another via break-out rooms. In between the training days, we advise you to interact with the training colleagues.
Number of participants: a minimum of 8 and a maximum of 20
- Thursday 7 September 2023, 10.00- 12:00 & 13:00 – 15:00h (CET): Zoom
- Tuesday 12 September 2023, 10.00- 12:00 & 13:00 – 15:00h (CET): Zoom
- Thursday 5 October, 2023, 10.00- 12:00 & 13:00 – 15:00h (CET): Zoom
- Plus two individual coaching sessions on 14 September and 28 September. A third one is optional.
Deadline for registration:
When the training is full, Partos members will get priority in following the course.
After your registration: you will receive an intake form which you have to fill in so the teacher knows what level of PME knowledge everyone has. You also will get the question if you opt for the third coaching session, a few weeks after the last training day.
Price: € 580,- (incl. 0% VAT) for people working at Partos member organisations, an optional third coaching session costs € 70,- (incl. 0% VAT extra. Non-members pay € 700,- (excl. 21% VAT) plus € 70,- (excl. 21% VAT) for the third coaching session.
Click here to register for this course. Kindly note, the optional third coaching session is not included in the ticket that allows you to participate in this course and hence has to be booked separately in Eventix.
If you cancel two weeks or more before the training, you will owe 50% of the costs and if you cancel one week or more before the training, you will owe 100% of the costs. You can be replaced by a colleague. By registering, you automatically agree to these cancellation conditions. Partos reserves the right to cancel the training if there are insufficient participants.